Hello Thurston Families,
As you are aware, the South Redford School District is going remote from January 10th-21st and planning to return to in-person school on January 24th. Please review the following details carefully so that you are prepared for distance learning.
- Monday, January 10th, there will be no school for students.
- Regular Bell Schedule - Everyone (students and staff) will follow the regular Daily Bell Schedule Tuesday, January 11th - Friday, January 21st.
- Reporting to Class: Students must report to their classes via Zoom and will access all class assignments and Zoom links via their SRSD Canvas login.
- Students must login to live Zoom at the beginning of each period. Attendance will be taken upon entering the remote learning environment.
- Cameras on please. Cameras “on” helps teachers and classmates connect.
- There is no school on Monday, January 17th in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Day.
- Students must attend every class including Homebase and Seminar, as attendance will be taken each hour/block. Students will return to their Homebase for Seminar every day.
All students make sure you have the following ready:
- Charged Chromebook
- Internet/WiFi Connection - If you have internet connection needs, please contact the office.
- Login credentials for Canvas and Zoom
- Thurston will be open daily from 8:00am-3:00pm in the event that any students may need to pick up items from the building.
- Technical support is available for all students. Please follow this link for assistance
- You will only be able to access classroom Zoom via your SRSD Canvas account using your SRSD gmail via Google Chrome.
- Cameras on
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Limit distractions that you can control.
- Avoid multitasking and focus on what’s happening live.
- Use the chat room to ask relevant questions only. All chats are recorded, even private chats
- Encourage your child(ren) to attend class every hour, every day and complete assigned work.
- Communicate with teachers and support staff.
- Consider working conditions for your child(ren) to find success during remote learning.
- If your child(ren) will be absent due to illness, please contact the attendance line at 313-534-6576.
Thank you for your flexibility during this time.
Matt Rudy - Principal