Thurston High School was named one of the Top High Schools in America by Newsweek and the Daily Beast!
In addition to our top-notch academic programs, featuring the Eagles Scholars Program, Thurston High School offers a wide range of extra-curricular and athletic opportunities to make students experiences here as memorable as possible.
Some of our many Points of Pride include:
- 92% graduation rate – one of the best in Michigan and 15 points higher than the state average!
- Eagle Scholar's Program—specializing in providing over 20 honors and AP courses at the high school level
- We offer a wide range of AP courses to challenge students in all curricular areas
- Advanced technology in use throughout the school, including Google Chromebooks, Robotics, THTV, communication and digital arts, 21st century classrooms, and more
- Study abroad opportunities through our Cultural Immersion programs, especially to China
- Mandarin Chinese
- Freshmen Academy easing the transition to high school
- Many specialized partnerships with business, community, and government leaders, including Detroit Diesel, Roush, Botsford Hospital, Western Golf & Country Club, George Matick Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz NA, Schoolcraft College, Madonna University, the Redford Public Library, the Redford Jaycees, Redford Township, and Wayne County
- 750-seat, state-of-the-art Weber Auditorium
- Top rated instrumental music program
- Excellent Athletics Program
- Strong community support–we completed a $22-million renovation of THS and the Athletic Campus, and had a Building Fund millage pass in 2013–ensuring state of the art facilities for many years to come